Pay Your Bill

Require an Electric Permit or need instructions? Please visit the Village of Waunakee website to obtain all the information you will need. You can fax the permits to the Village Hall at 608.849.5628.

Learn more about how to save energy and money at home by visiting Focus on Energy!

Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP)
For more information on the Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP) and how to apply, please call 1-866-HEATWIS (432-8947), or visit the "Where to Apply" tab on to find your local energy assistance agency.

If youíre making improvements to your home, itís the perfect time to include energy-efficiency upgrades. From water heaters to light bulbs, your local retailers and contractors are a great resource to help with your energy efficiency home improvement decisions.

To help reduce energy costs and lower electric bills during the summer, consider installing a programmable thermostat.  Programmable thermostats allow you to set temperatures based on your typical daily or weekly schedule to adjust heating and cooling. This setting allows you to minimize energy use for periods when a home or building isnít occupied.  Hold or vacation settings allow you to save energy while away for extended periods.  Choose a setting several degrees warmer in the summer and several degrees cooler in the winter.

Turning the thermostat up in the summer helps to reduce your air conditionerís energy use.  In cooling mode, each degree you set your thermostat above five degrees will save you about three percent.  

If an outage has occurred: 

  • Please call the Waunakee Utilities office at 608.849.8111.
    •  A customer service representative is on hand to assist you throughout the day and night.
    • They will immediately notify the electric department of the outage.
  • Unplug sensitive electronic equipment and turn off light switches to prevent overloads when power is restored.
  • Keep refrigerator and freezer doors closed.
  • Allow due time for the power to be restored.
    • The customer service representative may not have updates on the outage as our electric departmentís priority is to re-establish the electric service.