March 26, 2020
We understand the concern and uncertainty many people are feeling regarding the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19). As your locally-owned, not-for-profit utility, we want to assure you that Waunakee Utilities is here to serve you.
Our top priority is, as always, protecting the health and safety of our employees, our customers and our community. We are closely monitoring this rapidly evolving situation, and our utility is prepared and equipped to continue delivering you safe, reliable service and to responding to outages.
Here are just some of the steps we are taking:
- We have staffing plans in place to ensure our electric, water, wastewater, customer service, and other critical team members can continue to serve you.
- The utility office is closed to walk-in traffic until further notice. We encourage you to communicate with us via email or telephone.
- Only essential employees are working within our buildings and in our service territory. All have been instructed to give their full attention to social distancing and good health habits that help prevent the spread of communicable diseases such as COVID-19, and we have further enhanced sanitation within our facilities.
- We have many payments options available. You can pay your bill online, at the drop box located in the parking lot of our office at 322 Moravian Valley Road, the Village Hall drop box, by phone, or by mail.
- If you are having difficulty paying your bill, please contact us at 608-849-8111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will work to keep this information current as circumstances may continue to evolve.
Our utility has been providing safe, reliable, local service in Waunakee for more than 100 years. We are all in this together as a community, and our commitment to you remains unchanged.
Updates will be shared through our website and Facebook.