As part of our Water Conservation Plan, Waunakee Utilities has received permission from the Wisconsin Public Service Commission to offer a Toilet Replacement Rebate incentive. Rebates can be afforded to residential water customers of Sun Prairie Utilities for the replacement of a toilet with a new EPA WaterSense designated high efficiency toilet (HET). WaterSense designated HET standard is 1.28 gallons per flush. Based on replacing pre-1994 toilets (5 gallons per flush) in an average size household, a customer could save in excess of $70 annually on water and sewer charges plus conserving around 15,000 gallons of water.
Rebate incentives are in the form of a Waunakee Utilities bill credit. The incentive is up to $50 not to exceed 50% of the purchase price. Incentives are available to the first 100 building owner applicants per calendar year on a first come, first serve basis. There is a limit of two toilet rebates per single family dwelling and one rebate per each apartment dwelling unit. New construction does not qualify for this replacement rebate.
Qualified purchases must have an original sales receipt dated after June 4, 2010 accompanying the Toilet Replacement Rebate Applicationor the online Toilet Replacement Rebate Form. Waunakee Utilities reserves the right to verify installation before issuing an incentive. Recycle the old toilet by removing the inside working parts and the toilet seat and bring to the Utility.
Submit the online form, or mail or deliver the completed application form with original dated sales receipt to:
322 Moravian Valley Road
Waunakee, WI 53597
Or fax to: (608) 849-4109
Call our business office at (608) 849-8111 with any questions.
Toilet Rebate Terms and Conditions:
- Rebate is in the form of Waunakee Utilities bill credit.
- Toilets must be purchased after June 4, 2010.
- Applicant must be a residential water customer of Waunakee Utilities.
- Only building owners are eligible for the rebate. New construction does not qualify for this incentive.
- Only WaterSense HET (high efficiency toilet @1.28 gpf) rated toilets are eligible. Dual flush toilets also qualify.
- Incentives are available to the first 100 applicants per year, and will be processed on a first come, first serve basis. Limit of two rebates per single family dwelling and one each per apartment dwelling unit.
- Waunakee Utilities has the right to terminate the program at any time.
- An original dated sales receipt must accompany the application.
- Owners are responsible for the installations and any associated costs. Toilets may be self-installed.
- The incentive is up to $50 bill credit, not to exceed 50% of the purchase price.
Recycle the old toilet by removing the working parts and the toilet seat and bring it to the Utility.